Some IMPORTANT features should add to paintstorm

lordzieta
Some IMPORTANT features should add to paintstorm

Post by lordzieta » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:59 pm

I'd like this software but I think paintstorm must have these important features:

1. Custom Input Feature
Ok for some people maybe ok for everything is adjust by using slider, but I think it's important that user can use direct number for any input, example layer opacity, Brush Settings, etc. Also the Caret text, if we typing in the inputfield, it doesn't show the blink caret (see Image below)
caret.jpg
caret.jpg (27.53KiB)Viewed 4839 times
it just show the blue box if you want to type something but I think it's better if it just show blink caret text as usual other software typing input

2. Custom Canvas Preset
I thought paintstorm already add it for current update (v 2.00) but it just add the A4 300 dpi with landscape orientation , Why always landscape orientation? for example myself, I mostly makes an illustration with portrait orientation with A4 canvas like image below:
katya mini 50%.jpg
katya mini 50%.jpg (330.29KiB)Viewed 4839 times
I think it really important that allow user to make their own canvas size like other software did (e.g photoshop), and save it so the user doesn't need to typing/setting the canvas size again and again for each artwork , it also useful for anyone who make a project with continuous picture size

3. Unnatural pressure sharpening
I'd like that paintstorm has a nice brushes , I also like for sketching using this software, but I just discovered an unnatural pressure . I just compare it with medibang paint software
lines.jpg
lines.jpg (239.22KiB)Viewed 4839 times

I tried to change the pressure graph but I still can't figure how to make the line looks more smooth sharpening stroke.

I don't mean to compare it with other softwares but I thing the suggestion I given above are something Important /standard in digital painting software.

Thank you :mrgreen:
support
Site Admin

Re: Some IMPORTANT features should add to paintstorm

Post by support » Wed May 03, 2017 1:49 pm

Got it...

what about 3 - you can setup pressure graph by the global pressure at the menu-file-options-global pressure hardness.
But it's also depending on the stabiliser, maybe the best way to setup current brush size graph for the current stabilizer.
lordzieta

Post by lordzieta » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:37 pm

I just installed the latest version of PSS (v2.02) , I'm so glad to see the feature that I suggested applied :D but you forgot the number 2, I swear it's not a "Something just I want personally" or "I want everything I want released" , not. I'm sure the number 1 and 2 is very important feature that any software especially digital painting software should be had .

The number 2 is about make a custom canvas size and save it as preset , then we can load it from preset dropdown menu for each time we create new canvas. Or basically, PSS has to add the portrait orientation as default preset too (not all artist work at landscape orientation canvas you know? :D )

Thank you :)
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:53 am

We wanted to make much more but For unforeseen reasons did not have time during and moved some planned features to the later release
ega

Post by ega » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:09 pm

The strokes you show in Paintstorm Studio app are WITHOUT setting up the brush.

I am attaching an image showing both strokes: With and Without setting up the brush.

I set two parameters (in PSS):

. Pressure graph
. Stabilizer

Hope this helps.
Ico-dY

Post by Ico-dY » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:44 am

ega wrote:The strokes you show in Paintstorm Studio app are WITHOUT setting up the brush.

I am attaching an image showing both strokes: With and Without setting up the brush.

I set two parameters (in PSS):

. Pressure graph
. Stabilizer

Hope this helps.
Could you show us your parameters setting, graph/curves too? :)
Ico-dY

Post by Ico-dY » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:53 am

support wrote:Got it...

what about 3 - you can setup pressure graph by the global pressure at the menu-file-options-global pressure hardness.
But it's also depending on the stabiliser, maybe the best way to setup current brush size graph for the current stabilizer.
I've got the same problem under Linux.
Following your suggestions I can considerably reduce the issue but I can't get completely rid of it.
No problem with other software. (Native Krita, Gimp and Mypaint and with Opencanvas and Artrage under Wine) :)
Attachments
line_issue.png
line_issue.png (37.29KiB)Viewed 4504 times
lines.jpg
lines.jpg (239.22KiB)Viewed 4504 times
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:03 pm

Stabilizer ends line after your pulled a pen from the paper, at this moment no any touch data get from the pen and it's automatically drawing
ega

Re: Some IMPORTANT features should add to paintsto

Post by ega » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:15 pm

I am not setting the Global Pressure Hardness. I set just the Pressure graph for the brush dealing with

If you set the Global Pressure curve thinking in one specific brush then you would alter the other brushes. This is not a good Idea.

Something really great about the Paintstorm App is the chance to play with the settings of each brush. This gives you many chances to achieve what you want. It is very powerful.

I am attaching and image showing one setting for the pressure graph and, as I said, just for the brush I am working (not global)

The stabilizer can be set to 77%. However, you can play with it. The blue stroke is a little bit more (stabilizer percentage).

Something else: There is no lag at all.
Last edited by ega on Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ico-dY

Post by Ico-dY » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:41 pm

You're so kind to help me but, unfortunately, after trying many setting I can't get rid of it yet. To solve the problem in an easy way Krita has a specific option named "finish line" in the stabilizer control panel to turn on/off the stroke completion. Other software do automatically the same thing analyzing the stroke speed. Something like that would be very convenient in PSS.