App crash when capturing form

pccasio
App crash when capturing form

Post by pccasio » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:08 pm

Hello, I recently made a new brush form around 150x150 px, for a brush using Size, Opacity and Colour Amount bound to pressure sensitivity and Angle 1 bound to pen direction. No texture. It wasn't a bristle brush and I had the GPU acceleration on. My computer was using only 60% of its RAM. It was a 2500x3500 px canvas.

When trying to paint, the app constantly got frozen and when I was trying to save my work, the app crashed. I tried to load the autosaves, but the app took about 5 min to load and when I tried to convert it to psd, it crashed again. I had no problems with opening a blank canvas, it opens up around 5 seconds but whenever I try to open a pss file with it it crashes again.

I deleted the brush form and the brush itself from the library and I can open pss files normally now. It still is crashing a lot while trying to save the file as a psd file though, which wasn't a case before.

Thanks! :D

Computer:
Windows 10 Pro
Intel Core i7-9750H
8GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650
Paintstorm is installed in SSD while my files are in internal HDD.
Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pro Small, PTH-451
support
Site Admin

Re: App crash when capturing form

Post by support » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:19 am

So, it all happens only after you create your own brush? Or only capture your own brush form? Do the default brushes work correctly?