Saved paintings sometime just become blank canvas

Treeguy
Saved paintings sometime just become blank canvas

Post by Treeguy » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:55 pm

Hello dear Paintstormteam,
I ran into a horrible Problem . It was allready mentioned once in a ticket so its a more often accuring Problem (Windows 8.1/Newest version of paintsorm) My painting (started after the release of the last patch) was regularly saved and i didnt have any other files opend at the time. I closed and after i tried to open up my file(wich still existed in my folder) i just had a blank canvas with even a different size. It allready happened to me once in the past but i thought it was my mistake and i didnt pay attantion or smt. like that. But this time im sure that it is some kind of bug that corrupts the data. Its is absolutaly essential that you address this problem. If it is a bug hotfix it as soon as possible. Paintstorm is a wonderful userfriendly art software, BUT i dont want to fear that my files are gone every time i open them.
Greetings Treeguy
support
Site Admin

Re: Saved paintings sometime just become blank canvas

Post by support » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:46 pm

Which extension have you used to save? Pss or PSD?
Have you checked autosaves folder?
ArmorWraith

Re: Saved paintings sometime just become blank canvas

Post by ArmorWraith » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:28 pm

I haven't caught the series of events that leads up to this, but I can confirm this bug exists. I now back up all paintings to google drive. It allows me to revert to earlier versions of the piece should this occur. (better than total loss)

I have lost a few paintings myself.

I have used psd formats primarily. PSS saves dont have thumb previews on gdrive or in windows.

All the best,

armor