[Autofixed] Blinking screen → impossible to use PSS

PatrickF
[Autofixed] Blinking screen → impossible to use PSS

Post by PatrickF » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:53 am

Hello all,

Today I worked on my illustration during 1 or 2 hours. Everything was ok then I switch to my browser (listening some musics on Youtube). When I come back on PSS, my Wacom tablet (Intuos 3) was not usable anymore… I reboot my pc and my tablet was ok.
BUT impossible to use PSS anymore : the first time I launch the software, an error message displays "mixer.png can't be load" (or something like that). Then the software closed. When I re-launch it, I have a blinking screen with logo :|

I uninstalled it, re-installed (without uninstalling the settings) and same thing → infinite blinking splash screen.
I opened an old file → infinite blinking screen with my file. I can use my shortcuts to change brush or tools but no panels, no menus and nothing when I paint something. :shock:
mixer.png is in the right place (Icons folder).

Finally I uninstalled the software and the settings → everything seems to be ok now. :roll:
Portfolio: patrick-fontaine.com
Twitter: @hello_patrickF
JoseConseco

Re: [Autofixed] Blinking screen → impossible to use PSS

Post by JoseConseco » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:41 pm

Try deleting: C:\Users\xxx\Documents\Paintstorm Studio\Data\workspace
You may loose your hotkeys and ui though.
I had similar problem, and only above sollution worked. I noticed there is now option so save hotkey - so that is good idea for future.
PatrickF

Re: [Autofixed] Blinking screen → impossible to use PSS

Post by PatrickF » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:28 pm

As I said I uninstalled the software AND setting and it worked. No problem since the re-install ;)
Fortunately I already saved my UI/brushes/shortcuts before this issue.

But good to know about your tip:
Try deleting: C:\Users\xxx\Documents\Paintstorm Studio\Data\workspace
Thank you :D
Portfolio: patrick-fontaine.com
Twitter: @hello_patrickF