GPU fans on full blast when running PSS

asdfpaint
GPU fans on full blast when running PSS

Post by asdfpaint » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:12 am

There's a couple issues I'm having with PSS. It's not like a serious bug or anything like that, but it is a pretty serious inconvenience and causes me to get worried enough that I barely even use PSS at the moment.

The first problem is that the GPU acceleration seems poorly optimized. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's slow. Painting in PSS is very fast and I like it. But the problem is that every time I start PSS, the GPU performance monitor on Windows 10 shows that it jumps to either 20% or sometimes up to 40%. I have a GTX 1060, btw. And it just sits at 20% the whole time while PSS is on, even when I'm not painting anything. The only way to make it go back to 0% is to minimize PSS.

The 2nd problem is that after shortly starting PSS, the GPU will always go on full blast. This causes my computer to get LOUD when I paint. It's weird because my GPU's don't even get this loud when I am playing League of Legends. And another problem with this is that once the fans turn on full blast, it does NOT shut off. Even after I am done painting and I exit PSS, the GPU fans will continue to run full blast until I reset windows. I've searched online about this, and what I've found out is that software can often times, and do, control the GPU fans. So I am assuming PSS is setting the GPU fan on and it doesn't have any control in place when it should moderate and turn the GPU fans back off.
support
Site Admin

Re: GPU fans on full blast when running PSS

Post by support » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:19 pm

You can try to disable multicore in Menu-file-options-performance