Blending modes issues

postdes
Blending modes issues

Post by postdes » Wed May 09, 2018 12:50 pm

Hi,

first of all I would like to say I love Painstorm on the Mac. The tools feel great, and it has many great features. I have used many other applications and this is one of the best. But I do have some issues that need to be worked on. Mainly the blending modes, as these do not seem to work the way they should. Besides Paintstorm I work mainly in Clip Studio, so I am comparing to this application.

1. Blending modes in groups
As it is now, groups are not very useful as the blending modes for a group do not seem to work at all. Basically the folder is set to "through", no matter which blending mode I select. This needs to be changed so I can have a group of layers to blend with the layers below it as a group, without it having an effect on the layers inside this group. This seems to be the case in CSP and Photoshop as well. I hope you can change this.

2. Blending modes for clipped layers.
In the recent version, the blending mode of the clipped layer does not go along with the layer it is clipped to. In CSP the clipped layer is affected by the blending mode of its parent layer, and this seems much more useful.

3. Dissolve blending mode does not seem to work for brushes, it does nothing at all.

I hope you can find a fix for these issues.

Thanks!
Jeffrey
postdes

Re: Blending modes issues

Post by postdes » Thu May 17, 2018 2:50 pm

I would be curious if someone else has these problems, and if they will be fixed?