Color Amount pressure sensitivity causes insane lag

cestarian
Color Amount pressure sensitivity causes insane lag

Post by cestarian » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:01 am

As in the title, i decided to try making color amount pressure sensitive, this is the exact setting I used if that is relevant

Anyhow I was curious why my seemingly simple brush was so slow even with gpu acceleration (literally just a simple rounded brush with no special options enabled only size, opacity, stabilizer, color amount, etc, stuff in general settings) and discovered this was the cause, and we're not just talking about it causing a little slowdown allright, the slowdown is about as much as if I had disabled gpu acceleration.

As in speed of brush without gpu acceleration and without color amount pressure sensitivity = speed of brush with gpu acceleration and with color amount pressure sensitivity.

If I have color amount pressure sensitivity and disable gpu acceleration the brush becomes unusable :o

I wonder if there are any optimizations that can be made to fix this, I mean it doesn't lag if I use color amount without the pressure sensitivity setting on... This strikes me as a quite odd issue.
support
Site Admin

Re: Color Amount pressure sensitivity causes insane lag

Post by support » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:47 pm

What is your graphics card model? Try to update graphics card drivers