Gradients, Color panel: WTF?

chrr
Gradients, Color panel: WTF?

Post by chrr » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:48 pm

Display, setup and management of gradients is an undocumented incomprehensible buggy mess. :shock:

After clicking on the gradient in the Brush properties panel, modifying a OFF or secondary color by clicking its little square changes the PRIMARY color. The one you use for painting. In the gradient popup, apparently both colors changed (???). The gradient updates correctly after clicking OK (in Brush property panel), but too late: the wrong painting color has changed. In the Color panel, the primary color swatch now shows your unwanted new primary color (top half), and a never-was primary color, indeed the old secondary (bottom half). The wheel has not updated.

The various visual elements related to gradients and primary/secondary colors are shown with various degrees of error, and update with various degrees of inaccuracy at various times after OKing, selecting, hovering, switching, etc. Same type of problem between the Smart Color Correction gradient and the Color panel. Setting up a gradient map should NOT change the painting color!

Finally, the fundamental notions of primary and secondary colors and their relevance to various parts of the program are not explained anywhere.
support
Site Admin

Re: Gradients, Color panel: WTF?

Post by support » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:18 am

Please, can you record a video to demonstrate this issue?
chrr

Re: Gradients, Color panel: WTF?

Post by chrr » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:53 pm

Wow, do you mean this happens only to me? Please answer this.

If that's the case, I can try to point a camera at my screen. The only screen capture program I might consider should work like this: install, run, hit "record" and get a local .mp4 or such, end of story. No settings, no configuration, no online app, no cloud, etc. Maybe a wizard. Local file. Freeware. If someone has a suggestion...