UI issues

Vtrix
UI issues

Post by Vtrix » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:29 pm

> moving the navigator window , pushes the canvas around, sometimes drastically, like its trying getting out the way, but pretty unpredictable

> if you are in full screen, moving windows on top of the (invisible) brushpallete or other ones (they are docked) , just trows it back in previous position,(after you placed it and moved the cursor) its still acting like it can't be on top of these windows

its pretty annoying as you cant use the extra space
support
Site Admin

Re: UI issues

Post by support » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:02 am

> if you are in full screen, moving windows on top of the (invisible) brushpallete or other ones (they are docked) , just trows it back in previous position,(after you placed it and moved the cursor) its still acting like it can't be on top of these windows
Yes, the floating panel can not be placed on top of the dockable palette.

What about navigator - maybe you are meaning that if you click at the corner of navigator area - canvas jump by its corner to the window center?
Vtrix

Re: UI issues

Post by Vtrix » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:08 pm

i think dragging the panel causes the navigator to jump to the position under the cursor in the navigator, that should not happen
>while dragging the panel > deactivate the navigator functions

floating panels: i changed to all floating panels because of this

example :
if you press tab and have only 2 windows floating( ignoring tab) and the rest docked (invisible),

you cant move the floating panels where you want ( might be over invisible docked panels)
it jumps back, which is irritating and just not usefull (you want to use this extra space)

i think it might be better to just allow floating panels over docked,
floating panels should be manually placed correctly by the user