Darker brush strokes without GPU acceleration

GoodMorning
Darker brush strokes without GPU acceleration

Post by GoodMorning » Fri May 12, 2017 10:36 am

Two days ago I noticed that my flat colored picture wasn't really flat, it looked like some strokes had slightly different colors. A bit later I figured out that's neither my nor brush settings fault.

Long story short, brush draws with a bit darker color when the GPU-engine is disabled. I pick #ffffff color but draw with #fefefe. When I pick #fefefe, I draw with #fdfdfd and so on. The same happenes on another PC with fresh copy of PSS and stock brushes.

I wouldn't notice that issue but the engine gets turned off for brushes smaller than 30px. ATM I have found and disabled the “Auto disable GPU for small brushes” option so nothing spoils my colors anymore.

There's a gif showing the issue (take a look at the RGB values on the color panel): http://i.imgur.com/4k9XgLt.gif
I'd like to attach the gif to the post but there's no spoiler tag to hide it.

Windows 7, PSS version 2.0-040417
support
Site Admin

Re: Darker brush strokes without GPU acceleration

Post by support » Sat May 13, 2017 9:50 am

ok, thank you for reporting.
juliankid

Post by juliankid » Tue May 16, 2017 12:32 am

support wrote:ok, thank you for reporting.
I have a similar problem. When I apply GPU to a brush that doesn't have it by default. The color gets darker with gpu and I have to pick de color again and somethings even that won't fix the problem.

1) No GPU Acceleration

2) With GPU Acceleration

3) With GPU Acceleration and color picked again

I have Windows 10 Creators Update, and a Nvidia 970
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Wed May 17, 2017 9:29 am

juliankid wrote:
1) No GPU Acceleration

2) With GPU Acceleration

Hm, your difference is too much, is it happens with a special brush or every time?
cyaoeu

Post by cyaoeu » Wed May 17, 2017 11:05 pm

support wrote: Hm, your difference is too much, is it happens with a special brush or every time?
I had the same issue, try Dirty impasto oil, it gets a lot darker when you toggle GPU. It also gets "thinner" but maybe that is expected for GPU brushes? Try Mixer brush 1, when GPU is enabled it's very "bristly", when it's disabled it's a lot thicker.
juliankid

Post by juliankid » Thu May 18, 2017 12:18 am

support wrote:
juliankid wrote:
1) No GPU Acceleration

2) With GPU Acceleration

Hm, your difference is too much, is it happens with a special brush or every time?
I notice with the Dirty Impasto Oil, but testing now I notice it happen the same with Random Dirty, Round Dirty, Low Feature Dirty, Wet Dirty.
So I uncheck the Dirty Mode in those and the issue does not appear and I don't have to repick color.

Thanks a lot for replying
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Sun May 21, 2017 10:20 am

Bristle brushes with GU work in a different way, better don't enable GPU for bristle brushes (it's disabled by default ) It's good only for a very big rounded bristle brushes.