CRITICAL ERROR?

kerenitychan
CRITICAL ERROR?

Post by kerenitychan » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:52 pm

I've been having a very annoying issue with paint storm

every so often I could just be drawing, saving my progress or opening a new file or brush and all of a sudden this
http://www.paintstormstudio.com/forum/d ... php?id=259
pops up and tells me to save my progress, which doesn't seem to be possible for every time I save when it says that it says saving file failed.
I'm not sure what is causing this or how to fix it and i can't use it like this for i lose so much progress all the time .

my friend bought the 2 for 1 thing and I have one of them using it on my computer, but she lives in america and I live in Europe , is that causing these issues?

I really hope someone can help , it's an amazing program but i can't use it in this state .
support
Site Admin

Re: CRITICAL ERROR?

Post by support » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:15 am

Please describe more specific information, for example:
1)What document size you usually used?
2)How many pictures you have opened in one time.
3)How many layers do you have... and maybe - do you use many masks and clipping masks?
4)Is it happens fast or only after an hour of drawing?

Also, send us one of this log files. It's "txt" extension.
kerenitychan

Post by kerenitychan » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:38 pm

support wrote:Please describe more specific information, for example:
3)How many layers do you have... and maybe - do you use many masks and clipping masks?

well the size of my canvas is usually 2480 px on 3508 px resolution 72
but I tend to crop it and make it smaller as I go.

I have never had open more then 3 pictures at a time ,but 1 is my working file and the others where reference pictures.

I think I had 3 layers or so , tough if it hadn't crashed all the time it wouldn't be rare for me to have over 40 layers and clipping masks.

I can't put an exact time on it, sometimes it was half an hour tyo an hour, sometimes I just opened it and it already crashed.

and I would but I have no idea where to find these "txt" extensions?

sorry for the trouble, and thank you in advance
kerenitychan

Post by kerenitychan » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:11 pm

support wrote:Please describe more specific information, for example:

apologies, i tought i responded but i don't think i did now i can't find my message.

1) my canvas is currently set at 2480/3508 pixels resolution 72 i usually start with that but end up cropping my image accordingly to what i actually drew on it
2) i usually never have more then 3 open at a time, 1 being an actual document to draw in and the others for reference purposes
3) i have not used more then 5 layers as of now, however in my previous program it wouldn't be rare for me to have 25 + layers and clipping masks
4) both really i don't know what it depends om but sometimes it only crashes when i save after an hours work and sometimes it crashes when i adjust a brush after 5 minutes.

also i'm sorry i have very little knowledge of computers i don't know where to find those txt extensions ?

thank you in advance
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:17 am

Just open your Windows "Documents" folder by the Explorer and find "Paintstorm studio" Folder (you can delete this folder to get a clean version) also you can find "Logs" folder inside "Paintstorm studio" - it contains error reports files, you can open it by Notepad
kerenitychan

Post by kerenitychan » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:10 am

support wrote:Just open your Windows "Documents" folder by the Explorer and find "Paintstorm studio" Folder (you can delete this folder to get a clean version) also you can find "Logs" folder inside "Paintstorm studio" - it contains error reports files, you can open it by Notepad
okay i think i found some

should i just paste the data in one of these replies? i can't seem to add txt files in attachments .
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:52 am

better send it to info@paintstormstudio.com