Paintstorm V1.31 Launch Issue

ArmorWraith
Paintstorm V1.31 Launch Issue

Post by ArmorWraith » Tue May 19, 2015 8:45 pm

I was using painstorm a few minutes ago and ran into an issue. I had resized the brush in symmetry mode and painstorm crashed. I dont know if it's related, just what I was doing at the time.

Now when I try to load paintstorm, all it shows is the intro credit box and my desktop.

When I hover over the taskbar I get a preview like this but no actual program window:
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (104.16KiB)Viewed 4539 times
I have tried cascading my windows, checking to see if its off screen etc, I simply cannot seem to access the program.

Also as a side Note, Norton is flagging PaintStorm V1.31 as unsafe and is removing the installer when users try to download it.

My computer specs are:

Windows 7 Home
8GB DDr3 RipJaw Ram
Nvidia 660Ti Gfx Card
Intel I5 Haswell Processor

Any help is greatly appreciated!
I cant really work on anything due to this, which is frustrating.

All the best,

Armor
ArmorWraith

Re: Paintstorm V1.31 Launch Issue

Post by ArmorWraith » Tue May 19, 2015 9:02 pm

I was able to fix this issue by running as administrator, selecting trial version.
The file menu at the top partially loaded and I was able to re-size the window back to the size of my screen.

I don't know how it was re-sized so small, it had to have happened after paintstorm crashed.

All the best,

Armor
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Tue May 19, 2015 10:32 pm

In the mirror mode paintstorm can works slowly becouse you can setup mirror to about 50 brush clones, and It will operate 50 times slower. Be carefull :)
wilson66

Post by wilson66 » Wed May 20, 2015 8:50 am

I have the very same problem (Windows 10 64Bit), its impossible to maximize the window.

Running as administrator has no effect, can you describe what you did exactly? Do I have to uninstall the license somehow before running the program?

Edit: Its definitely a problem with 1.31. After uninstalling it and re-installing 1.30 the program works as expected, installing 1.31 again into the same folder makes the described issue reappear.

WINDOWS-logo-Key + Up Arrow has no effect.
wilson66

Post by wilson66 » Fri May 22, 2015 8:51 am

I e-mailed support, and they have answered, the issue was easier to resolve than expected. In case anyone else encounters the problem mentioned above, try the following:

Delete the folder C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\Paintstorm Studio and reinstall the program

That did the trick for me.