Mapping mismatch when using older Wacom tablet

HarlequiNQB
Mapping mismatch when using older Wacom tablet

Post by HarlequiNQB » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:33 pm

It may not be the tablet, but that was the first thing that sprang to mind - I am having my Paintstorm cursor appear approximately half a screen to the left of my system cursor when using my tablet. This limits me to working on only the left half of the screen as moving the cursor onto the right selects windows on my right monitor when clicking. When the stylus is on the left edge of the tablet the cursors are in parity, but to the right edge of the tablet the system cursor is at the edge of the screen, while the Paintstorm one sits in the middle. Vertically the cursors are in synch.

I have a dual screen setup (with Paintstorm on the left) and a generation 1 Intuous 4x5 (yes, it's old, it still works fine). My configuration works without issue on the latest versions of Photoshop, Artrage, and Sketchbook Pro (and others). I have tried several Mapping setups in the Tablet Properties, both specifically for Paintstorm and globally, and cannot get it to synch up with the actual location I am pointing at on the tablet. I also cannot get it to switch to the second monitor (I don't want it on the second monitor, I just noticed that while trying things out).

Details:
Wacom Control Panel/Driver Version: 6.1.2-5
Tablet Version: Wacom Intuos 4x5 1.01
Paintstorm Version: 1.32-310515

I just got Paintstorm, so it has behaved like this since installation, although when I first ran the software I briefly used the mouse as I'd misplaced my stylus (it was tucked behind my keyboard).
support
Site Admin

Re: Mapping mismatch when using older Wacom tablet

Post by support » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:12 pm

You can try to switch tablet engine:
open: Documents\paintstorm studio\data\forcetablet.txt
And change 5ths number from 0 to 1(or2) , save the file and run the paintstorm.
HarlequiNQB

Post by HarlequiNQB » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:19 am

Excellent - Works like a charm. Thank you so much :)
Jackson337

Post by Jackson337 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:49 am

Im actually now having this problem myself. Theres no file in my folder for that for this version of paintstorm. How can i fix this?
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:15 pm

in new version same is in: Menu-tablet settings