"TO DO" list Features

nodeus
Re: "TO DO" list Features

Post by nodeus » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:45 am

Really want to pixel perfect brush, like "binary" in SAI.

Long_haired_artist

Post by Long_haired_artist » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:03 pm

I am finding the Apple Pencil's azimuth (direction) feature and the stroke with color gradient function to be an excellent combination to quickly change color on the fly with an airbrush. However I am wishing that I could adjust the start and end of the gradient in relation to the angle I'm comfortable with the pencil.
Also I'm not sure if B is the brightness, but it would be nice to use tilt to modify lightness/darkness or brightness.

update:
Figured out how to rearrange color 1 and 2 within the gradient itself! Super slick i love it!
Last edited by Long_haired_artist on Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
eduardoclark

Post by eduardoclark » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:28 pm

Hello! I've been trying to replicate a rake tool, similar to engraving, and I was very pleased in finding that this is a future "to-do". I love Paintstorm! My suggestion is to try to replicate the effect of a real rake. When you press harder, you have thicker lines, if you press lighter, the contrary. But the width of the final stroke is the same. It's like to have one simple round brush, replicated with three different parameters: the size of the "dot", the number of "dots" and the distance between the "dots", an then you can alter these individual parameters and vinculate them to pressure, direction, etc... My specific goal is to replicate this kind of work:

Sometimes you alter the angle to the direction of the stroke, sometimes you set it manually, etc. I think there are a great combination of effects with these parameters!

Thank you for your awesome work!

Eduardo
jyweky

Post by jyweky » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:51 am

Are there any plans to add LAB sliders to Colorwheel in the future?
I like Coolorus2 at photoshop.
aboutle

Post by aboutle » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:07 pm

Will all the "ready" feature of your list will be soon in the iPad version ?
Long_haired_artist

Post by Long_haired_artist » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:14 am

support wrote:
MadMinstrel wrote:Any chance we'll ever be able to adjust this? Preferably per brush with a graph of the pressure along the line, but a simple value would suffice.
Yes, we want to add ruler - I mean that you can draw along ruler at you own pen pressure as a real straightedge

I would love to see a french curve style ruler, with straight edge, gentle s curve, and spiral. Perhaps it has 3 drag points that can drag and scale or transform it. And a circle and square hole. If you want to go over the top, a dial to transform the hole to a polygon with n sides... or star points. and a dial to add n waves to the s curve. Or n arms to the spiral. But yeah... french curve would be nice.
ltramaral

Post by ltramaral » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:38 pm

The ruler tool is cool, but I agree with MadMinistrel: shift + click is so much more quick. It would be great to have this comand relative to the pen pressure.
okuma_10

Post by okuma_10 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:45 pm

@eduardoclark
Sadly pure engraving effect is impossible at this point.If you want an engraving effect then use engraver plugin for PS.That creates technically perfect yet artisticless result.So far nothing replicates the feel of engraving something out in PVC plate or wood,or even copper and steel plate engraving.
That being said the rake brush is something I really loved in Painter ,when I used it.So Still waiting on that.

I was happy to see that we finally have the ability to show or hide the brush circle,a and only the triangle cursor.Yet unticking the "show brush circle" does nothing.I still see the circle.So for me that feature does not work.

The blur slider is AWESOME ! Really nice to have control over that feature in the brush
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:53 am

aboutle wrote:Will all the "ready" feature of your list will be soon in the iPad version ?
what exactly do you mean? What function is still not available at iPad version?
aboutle

Post by aboutle » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:48 pm

It seemes everything is there from the last update ;)