GPU support for duplication cloning

zamenabatareek
GPU support for duplication cloning

Post by zamenabatareek » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:21 pm

The idea of clone mode toggle for any brush in Paintstorm is really brilliant. But the thing is, in duplication clone mode there's no GPU support involved (as far as I can tell) so the strokes are incredibly slow, making it impossible to draw in that mode. I'm asking because this mode is not only used for 'technical' cloning, but for some sort of advanced sampling when painting. Like in Photoshop's 'part of the image sampling' with the mixer brush, which works pretty fast. Is there any chance to get that working with GPU soon or speed it up by any other means?
Last edited by zamenabatareek on Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
zamenabatareek

Re: GPU support for duplication cloning

Post by zamenabatareek » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:36 pm

I know that's not a major feature, but for me this technique is essential par of the workflow, and for many great artists as well. Basically it's the main reason I keep drawing in Photoshop despite Paintstorm being superior in so many other ways. There's entire class of painting effects you just can't get without this clone-sampling working in realtime.
support
Site Admin

Re: GPU support for duplication cloning

Post by support » Sun May 09, 2021 10:54 am

increase brush spacing, usually spacing not very important for cloning.