Fast export options

tobbA
Fast export options

Post by tobbA » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:18 am

So I just got the new version of the program and I'm enjoying the new features. However, one thing I'm missing from the fast exporter is the option to set the resolution. One of the more useful features of Photoshop is the "save for web" option, which has the option to export at any size. This is very useful when you need a smaller sample file to send to clients or when uploading images to websites, social media etc.

While I'm at it another cool function to have in the exporter would be to be able to set the aspect ratio to a different one than the source document and have the program add a border to it. This would be really useful for when you need to upload pictures in a certain aspect ratio, mainly to Instagram but also in other situations.
Last edited by tobbA on Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
animk

Re: Fast export options

Post by animk » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:37 am

I agree, it will be nice to add resolution slider (percentage of the original image size) to the export setting menu.
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Sun May 09, 2021 10:53 am

I think this is a "job" for third-party image viewers, like ACDSee, XnViewMP and etc.
tobbA

Post by tobbA » Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:01 pm

Well, the whole purpose is to not have to save a file twice in order to format it in your desired resolution. Right now I have to save a file as a JPG, open the JPG again in Painstorm or another software , resize it, then save it. Having a built in function to export in a desired format straight away makes for a much smoother workflow.