Make Saving more efective

lordzieta
Make Saving more efective

Post by lordzieta » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:49 pm

only 2 layer, not a large canvas, but need 5 seconds just for CTRL + S (saving) , why ? it's only 0.5 s in other software, it not just about I hate waiting, it also dangerous, for example while the saving (5 s) my PC suddenly die, or PSS crash, then .. I sure the file will be corrupted. that's an example

so please consider to make saving more effective, also at least add saving cursor, so I don;t need to shake my cursor just to check the saving progress finished or not.
support
Site Admin

Re: Make Saving more efective

Post by support » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:58 pm

Not in all other soft, bu in photoshop - yes. They uses threads... we think about it, but maybe it will be hard to realize
cestarian

Post by cestarian » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:10 am

Dude, multithreading... you gotta do it. Even Krita is starting to work on it. Multithreading is pretty much vital to performance in modern day software now that everyone and their dog has a 4-8 core processor with 4-16 threads. Without multithreading you're tied to 1/4 of the max perforamnce of the CPU, 1/16 in the case of the most recent high end processors.

Besides, isn't it an excellent opportunity for you to grow as a programmer? :)

But my thoughts on saving, is that you should enable background saving so that it doesn't freeze the entire program whenever you save or autosave, this could indeed by solved by making saves happen on a different thread right?
lordzieta

Post by lordzieta » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:30 pm

thread... umm ok It's out of my knowledge even I know a lil bit about programming haha
but please consider it, it's really important I think . Also the more important about the loading icon, at least change the cursor to loading icon , etc.

the the autosave feature, when I idle the paintstorm, for example set the autosave every 5 mins, then I minimize the PSS and watch a 2hr video, when I finish with it and I wanna painting again by opening PSS, it freeze at auto saving , I try to wait it but the duration really2 kill me.