A few requests

SpaceyB
A few requests

Post by SpaceyB » Mon May 08, 2017 2:38 pm

I just hopped onto the paintstorm wagon last night.. i do have to say im quite impressed with this program and im looking forward to using it.. upon dabbling around last night I ran into a few things I thought would help with the user experience of the program.

1. the first one that stood out was the need to add a few more options on the create new document window. The main one being the ability to change the back ground color when the new document is created. A lot of artists use grey or off colored backgrounds to make it easier on the eyes while one could simply use the paint bucket tool having it as an option from the create document window would allow for better convenience. Especially if the document settings remembered the last chosen back ground color for the next document ect.

2. It would also be nice to see a dedicated docker to brush size presets. One that can have added custom sizes added as well as the standard series of sizes.

3. Also on the brush engine where you can select between a circle and custom brush tip.. it would be nice to see a square added to the circle drop down menu. As well as a controllable grain option to add texture to either the circle and added square.

These were the things that stood out at me as the most as complimentary features that would be nice to see in this program.
support
Site Admin

Re: A few requests

Post by support » Tue May 09, 2017 3:55 pm

2)You can bind 123456789 keys to the size slider - it gives some fixed values to the size...
3)Don't understand, texture(grain) is a special category of the brush setting panel. Square - just a brush shape, don't need any graph control.
SpaceyB

Re: A few requests

Post by SpaceyB » Tue May 09, 2017 8:10 pm

That works also.. ill just bind the sizes.. i figured out how to get the texture feature to do the same thing....im loving the program..i just ran into it the other night.. it looks like someone had already mentioned custom canvas templates so ill not bring them up other than would like to see it as a feature as well as more cursor options.. one being that we can use the standard windows cursor as well.. i have a custom cursor i made specifically for art and would like to be able to use it as well as see a small cross hair type cursor that isnt to big or intrusive.. how this program eluded me when i was out looking for art programs is beyond me but im glad i ran into it..