Shortcut buttons and palm-resist suggestions [iPad version]

hallodx
Shortcut buttons and palm-resist suggestions [iPad version]

Post by hallodx » Thu May 04, 2017 4:09 am

First of all, I LOVE THIS UPDATE! Both versions!
It became so stable and it's a reason I didn't use it very often before, but the reason is gone now hooray!
Therefore I beside the PC version I bought years ago I bought iPad version as well.

And here's some issues happen to me when it comes to iPad version :
1. Using functions in Edit tab is really hard, since we have no keyboard on tablets(not that Apple official expensive one... it's crazy) and we have no shortcut button for them.
2. Not all the shortcut buttons are frequently used by everyone, at least by me, but there's no way to hide them neither.
3. Gesture zooming and dragging are essential to tablet users and I appreciate they were added in this update, but when I lay my hand on it, the canvas "shakes" a bit and may move the "sweet spot" away.

So here're some suggestions:
1. Add an option, maybe several, to make functions in the tabs available with shortcuts, as well as hiding unwanted ones.
2. Palm resistance. I don't know the logic behind it but it would definitely improve user experience!

and the followings are some that don't really bug my but would be awesome if included!
3. Smoother rotate gesture control, maybe combining canvas drugging and rotating together... yeah it's Procreate I am talking about but I love your brush control you know...
4. Able to make all shortcut buttons still available, not hidden, when we use Split Screen. The reference function on PC works fine, but not that continent on iPad so I used to use Split Screen a lot. I understand it's hard, but if you are willing to consider it would be awesome!

Thanks for reading this. If they had been mentioned before sorry in advance.
support
Site Admin

Re: Shortcut buttons and palm-resist suggestions [iPad version]

Post by support » Thu May 04, 2017 10:01 am

You can hide/show hot-buttons at the menu-file-define hotbuttons (same as define hotkeys at the PC version)
To move and resize hotbuttons - use 2 fingers gesture (put one finger at the button, and second near it, start to drag)
hallodx

Post by hallodx » Thu May 04, 2017 3:36 pm

Oh! Yes just what I wanted!

Hey just ran into another issue that, when I tried to import a Psd file from iCloud, last edited by Pixelmator(for text tool) and Procreat(for some brushes there), all layers became empty folders after the import. If you would please look into this and it will be perfect!
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Tue May 09, 2017 4:19 pm

can you please send this PSD file to the info@paintstormstudio com for testing?
hallodx

Post by hallodx » Sat May 13, 2017 2:10 pm

Sent!
if it's missing or more samples needed, please let me know!
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Sun May 14, 2017 9:52 am

...reason found, will be fixed in the next release.
cloud-yo

Post by cloud-yo » Sun May 14, 2017 9:05 pm

In regards to the hotkey Buttons and the Locking of the UI I have a couple of questions:

Is there a way to make it so that the Hotkey buttons on screen end up BEHIND the other UI windows? I have my hotkeys set up but sometimes when I reveal the windows I have in my workspace, the hotkeys end up covering other UI elements like the layer mode menu or my color wheel etc.. this means I have to unlock my UI, move stuff around, do what I wanted to to do, return it to where I like it and re-lock my ui. Seeing as how hotkeys are really there to speed up workflow, I feel they should be secondary (behind) the rest of the windows.
I also was wondering about palm rejection. is there a way to tweak it? it seems to be a little dodgy especially when memory drops and the app becomes a little laggy.

I am loving PSS, and I apologize for spamming the forum with so many posts, but I want to help as much as I can (in my own small way) to make it better and to grow the community!
Thanks again! :D