Leonardo painting software as example for optimizations

EpicReator
Leonardo painting software as example for optimizations

Post by EpicReator » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:29 am

I've found this new application called Leonardo which wants to reach the worlds best painting application in the future :o

https://www.getleonardo.com/

Right now it looks very promising, but it do not reach the power of paintstorms brush engine. It simply misses the aspect of brush customization, nevertheless it makes some things better than paintstorm. For example it has a better simple designed Userinterface, which feels a bit like procreates but for desktop. And the speed of the brushes (without all these customisable parameters :cry: ) is awesome. You do not feel any kind of lags which the developer has solved with backround calculating. I don't no if paintstorm right now uses some kind of backround calculating but it's still lagging with big brushes, although the speed of small size brushes feels perfect.

I know that the development team of paintstorm is too small and needs more programmers. And because of that the one guy developer of Leonardo Henning Tegen ( http://www.getleonardo.com/company/ ) could work together with you guys :idea: . I think your goal of building a new application only for painters is the same like Henning Tegens. So maybe you both get in touch and build a software many painters are waiting for :roll:

best regards Eric ;)
n-pigeon

Re: Leonardo painting software as example for optimizations

Post by n-pigeon » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:40 pm

I will argue that it has better UI... Everything is hidden...
ArmorWraith

Re: Leonardo painting software as example for optimizations

Post by ArmorWraith » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:00 am

Ill book mark this for now and keep an eye on it, i like the infinite canvas idea, would allow enormous canvases.

I like paintstorm a lot, even more than photoshop. I like the layout, the customization, and creating my own brushes on the fly. It has some quirks, but all programs do.

All the best,

Armor