Site Admin
Re: List of suggestions and bugs on iPad

Post by support » Thu May 12, 2016 2:14 pm

1.55 is coming soon
ErrkaPetti

Post by ErrkaPetti » Thu May 12, 2016 3:44 pm

support wrote:1.55 is coming soon
Version 1.55 - is't that the lastest version already?
Joel Stewart

Post by Joel Stewart » Thu May 12, 2016 5:20 pm

ErrkaPetti wrote:
support wrote:1.55 is coming soon
Version 1.55 - is't that the lastest version already?
Just what I was thinking. Like Bos I don't care about new features so much as just getting the brushes working as they should be. I know that apple vet updates, but we really need a patch as soon as possible.
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Mon May 16, 2016 9:48 am

Sorry , I've mean 1.56, just a misprint
Joel Stewart

Post by Joel Stewart » Tue May 17, 2016 9:02 am

Please, please release a patch for the brush bug. I am now working around it on a project where I really need those brushes back.
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Thu May 19, 2016 10:24 am

We call new version not 1.56 but 1.60, it's ready for PC, and already awaiting moderation at Appstore.
Joel Stewart

Post by Joel Stewart » Thu May 19, 2016 11:15 am

Thanks! I just tested the desktop version and the my brushes do seem to be back how they were. Hooray! Can't wait for the iPad update to be ready.
Joel Stewart

Post by Joel Stewart » Thu May 19, 2016 11:31 am

Meanwhile I will have to draw roughs for my current project in ProCreate and hope that the App Store moderation is done in time for final art.

Are file previews for iPad coming soon? Please? I hope one day for a proper gallery with sub-folders etc too -at the moment I am trying out using the app Documents by Readdle, which can do the folders thing, be accessed internally via the iCloud button, and even access my macbook pro via sftp, but it doesn't preview psd files so it's still a counter intuitive hunt through multiple files when I'm working on development and art for a book. It is also just plain awkward and means I often need to have multiple copies of files everywhere.

Also, in Paintstorm it is super irritating to have to type out a whole new file-name every time and all too easy to overwrite a file by accidentally tapping its name (an 'are you sure' warning when replacing a file would surely be a good idea.
ErrkaPetti

Post by ErrkaPetti » Thu May 19, 2016 4:23 pm

Joel Stewart wrote:Meanwhile I will have to draw roughs for my current project in ProCreate and hope that the App Store moderation is done in time for final art.

Are file previews for iPad coming soon? Please? I hope one day for a proper gallery with sub-folders etc too -at the moment I am trying out using the app Documents by Readdle, which can do the folders thing, be accessed internally via the iCloud button, and even access my macbook pro via sftp, but it doesn't preview psd files so it's still a counter intuitive hunt through multiple files when I'm working on development and art for a book. It is also just plain awkward and means I often need to have multiple copies of files everywhere.

Also, in Paintstorm it is super irritating to have to type out a whole new file-name every time and all too easy to overwrite a file by accidentally tapping its name (an 'are you sure' warning when replacing a file would surely be a good idea.
Is'nt that so that Apple have reduced the approval time to two days for updates?

I saw something about this in the Swedish Macworld site...

Hope that's true!
Joel Stewart

Post by Joel Stewart » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:36 am

I'm getting crashes and memory close-outs every time I save the image I'm working on. The image is relatively large (5551 x 3307) with several layers, but it shows up as around 215mb in iTunes (photoshop tells me that the layered file is about 650mb). Surely Paintstorm should be able to handle this (ProCreate can). I've tried trashing other apps (but I don't think that's how iPad memory works anyway).

The crashes seem to sometimes lead to a weird kind of corruption where photoshop can't read the file anymore. Usually I can get the file back by re-saving via Paintstorm on desktop. I'm discovering these things as I keep backing up to desktop because I'm having so many crashes. It's all pretty frustrating.