Eraser mode toggle shortcut and maybe more tool socets?

n-pigeon
Eraser mode toggle shortcut and maybe more tool socets?

Post by n-pigeon » Sat May 16, 2015 6:47 pm

It would be great to have option to toggle (ON/OFF) eraser mode for currently used brush by shortcut. Like in MyPaint for example.

______ update see 3th comment _______

Fun fact is that under Eraser Tool I tend to have other brush that is very rarely an actual Eraser xD
Maybe there could be more custom tool sockets (that we can assign shortcuts) so if somebody wants, he could place there most used brushes instead wondering over buttons?

PS
I love consistency of one brush engine for many tools I was always annoyed that in other software tools tend to be separate "entities"...
Last edited by n-pigeon on Sat May 16, 2015 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
n-pigeon

Re: Eraser mode toggle shortcut and maybe more tool socets?

Post by n-pigeon » Sat May 16, 2015 11:43 pm

I just discovered that we can assign different hotkeys to multiple brushes. Press Q ikon in brush dialog it will turn red then hit your key and it will be assigned heh :)

Ok so this suggestion is only about hotkey for Eraser Mode.
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Sun May 17, 2015 10:31 pm

okuma_10 wrote:Ow yeah.I noticed that while I was exploring the UI.Have not assigned any keys to the brushes I use the most yet.But it's defiantly a feature that I simply love in Paintstorm.Users have been begging for such feature in corel painter in the last year or so.
Also you can use combinations like a+s+d - one brush a+s - another, shift+a+s - third etc. Because it's hard to find in blind separated keys :D
n-pigeon

Post by n-pigeon » Sun May 17, 2015 11:09 pm

This "all keys can be modifier" thing is something that I love. Inspired by Blender? It's the only software that I know of that has this feature ;P
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Mon May 18, 2015 8:32 am

n-pigeon wrote:This "all keys can be modifier" thing is something that I love. Inspired by Blender? It's the only software that I know of that has this feature ;P
No, never use blender before :)
n-pigeon

Post by n-pigeon » Mon May 18, 2015 8:54 pm

haha cool :D then it was your own brilliant idea. Good sir, very good. :P