save custom panel?

Description of your first forum.
mjspad
save custom panel?

Post by mjspad » Mon May 01, 2017 7:10 pm

Hi, I recently purchased Paintstorm studio for my ipad pro and for my pc (cintiq 27)
so far I am loving it! the feeling of the brushes is so much closer to traditional painting than any other software I've used.

I have a question. Sometimes when i close it on my ipad and re open it, my custom panel is empty and I have to drag my favorite brushes again.
I havent seen this question on the forum.

Thank you !

MJ
www.mjspad.com
support
Site Admin

Re: save custom panel?

Post by support » Wed May 03, 2017 1:36 pm

it can happen if Paintstorm crashes at the exit... better to save UI after customizing your custom panels. Menu-other-save custom UI.
Also, don't forget to use Menu-file-exit.... Don't kill the Paintstorm process(window).
martinaiphs

Re: save custom panel?

Post by martinaiphs » Tue May 01, 2018 12:21 pm

hello,

I find it to be well worth my time to configure the panels that I am going to be using for a project or specific type of task and then save them as a custom workspace. For example, when I am compositing multiple images together, I use very different sets of panels than I might when working on a document that is text heavy.
Below is a screenshot showing how I arrange my panels for compositing. I dock the panels that I use most often to the Tools (on the left side of the screen). This saves significant time over the course of the day by eliminating the need to travel back and forth across my monitor to select different panel options, tools, and tool options. I have also placed the Properties panel below the Layers panel so that when I add an adjustment layer, my cursor is automatically above the options for that layer.