Can I re-arrange the Brush Category list and the Brushes inside also?

Description of your first forum.
michaelws
Can I re-arrange the Brush Category list and the Brushes inside also?

Post by michaelws » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:27 pm

Is there a way to drag the Brush Categories up or down so that I can put something like "Round Bristle Brushes" at the top of the list? And also the brushes within each category, can they also be moved up or down?

It would be nice to be able to have the categories and the brushes that I use the most at the top so that I don't have to scroll to get them each time.

And, while on this topic, I know that there are two options when importing a category, "Add" and "Replace." I found out that "Replace" doesn't just replace the category that is currently selected but it replaces ALL of the categories.

When I add brushes and modify my custom category on my desktop and export it so that I can import it into my iPad Pro, or the other way around. I would like to replace just the selected category. Not really a big deal as I can always just Add the modified category and then delete the old one.

None of this is a big deal...this is a wonderful program and hopefully will be the only paint program I use. I also hear that this is being programmed by one or two people and I know that it is a huge task and I would rather their time be spent on tasks they have set priorities for and not just trying to answer my questions and make changes I would like to see.

So thank you for this program and you have my support.
ArmorWraith

Re: Can I re-arrange the Brush Category list and the Brushes inside also?

Post by ArmorWraith » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:21 am

I dont know if you are on Ipad version. But in PC you simply left click the icon for the brush category and it has an option to move up or down.
Always make sure erasers are in the second spot from the top, or you will break the brush category system.

All the best,

Armor
michaelws

Post by michaelws » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:28 am

Thanks for the reply ArmorWraith. I have paintstorm on my desktop pc, my tablet pc and my ipad pro 12.9. I will try what you said. funny that moving the erasers out of their spot will break the brush category system.
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:33 pm

Yes, the 2nd category works as erasers
Gustavo Muñoz

Post by Gustavo Muñoz » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:14 pm

I have a custom Brush Category in first place, then the Main Brushes and the erasers are the 3rd, and everything is working right. Maybe it was changed/improved in last versions?